dimanche 18 mars 2018

Oh no!!!... Oh non!!!...


My last big block is not finished yet.  And it  will not be ...I have sewn all the stems for the leaves and flowers.  Then, as I tried to put in place the other pieces of the applique block, nothing was right.  
Why?  What happened?  And I found the reason... I forgot to reverse the  pattern when I was printing on the freezer paper.  I tried to find a solution without going back to the beginning but ...  I have to redo that block again.  OK, I will redo it... It's a pleasure to make applique...I'm not in a rush for a quilt show.
As all my pieces are ready to be applied, I will reverse the drawing and sew everything the inverse way.  It will be ok like that.  That way, the key padlock will be at right .

Mon dernier gros bloc à coudre n'est pas encore fini. Et il ne sera pas ... J'ai cousu toutes les tiges pour les feuilles et les fleurs. Puis, alors que j'essayais de mettre en place les autres pièces à appliquer, rien n'était juste.
Pourquoi? Qu'est-il arrivé? Et j'ai trouvé la raison ... J'ai oublié d'inverser le patron lorsque j'imprimais pour le papier congélateur. J'ai essayé de trouver une solution sans revenir au début mais ... je dois refaire ce bloc.   OK  je vais le refaire ... C'est un plaisir de faire des appliqués ... Ce n'est pas dû pour une exposition de courtepointe.
Comme toutes mes pièces sont prêtes à être appliquées, je vais inverser le dessin et coudre tout de façon inverse. Ce sera ok comme ça. Ainsi, le cadenas à clé sera à droite.


In the meantime, I will make the lattice for the outline of the quilt. Everything will be applied so I form my pieces for this step with a homemade mylar gabarit . 
I will have a few days stay soon and I want something to sew when my husband will do his activities .

Entre-temps, je ferai le treillis pour le contour de la courtepointe.  Tout sera appliqué alors je forme mes pièces pour cette étape. J'ai préparé un gabarit en mylar pour tourner les pièces.

 Mon mari et moi ferons un séjour de quelques jours bientôt dans un chalet et je veux quelque chose à coudre lorsque mon mari fera ses activités.  

On forme...


Prêt à être placé sur le tissu de fond.
Ready!!


La table lumineuse est d'une grande utilité pour l'exactitude.
The light table is useful.

À la prochaine!

Celine


7 commentaires:

  1. Your work is so beautiful, Celine! We all know that heartbreak when we think we're almost finished, only to discover a mistake that requires lots of work to correct. It is always worth it in the end. At those times, I say to myself "too bad I cannot undo LIFE mistakes with a seam ripper and keep doing it over again until I get it right!"

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. I am glad that you don't seem to mind having to redo an entire block.

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. Oh, boy! That is the kind of thing I do!! The block you'd done backward - would it make a good pillow?

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. This is really nice. I've not seen this block or style before.

    RépondreSupprimer
  5. Le tout est de se rendre compte de l'erreur avant que le travail ne soit trop avancé ! Superbe bordure en préparation !

    RépondreSupprimer
  6. So sorry you had the set back. It is looking wonderful.

    RépondreSupprimer
  7. Such a bummer that happened, but you'll get back on track soon!

    RépondreSupprimer

Au plaisir de vous lire!