dimanche 22 janvier 2017

Travel Iron caddy...Sac pour fer à repasser...

After a whole day working with my sewing machine, iron and cutting mat at the guild, I waited for my iron to cool down.  You know it takes a long time to cool down.  At home, I searched on Pinterest something to help me and I found the Travel Iron Caddy pattern.  Made with heat resistant fabric inside, a fat quarter for the outside, batting between those two fabrics, bias and 2 buttons.  As a bonus, it becomes a pressing cloth when opened.  Very easy to sew.  3 hours and it's done.  Link for the iron caddy

Après une journée entière de couture à la guilde avec la machine à coudre, le fer à repasser et le tapis de coupe, j'ai attendu quelque temps avant que le fer à repasser se refroidisse.  Et on sait que cela prend un certain temps avant de refroidir suffisamment pour le mettre dans les bagages et prendre le chemin du retour.  De retour à la maison, j'ai fait une recherche et trouvé sur Pinterest un patron pour un petit sac de voyage pour le fer à repasser.  Avec du tissu résistant à la chaleur à l'intérieur, un fat quarter fut suffisant pour le coudre.  Un peu de molleton à l'intérieur, du biais assorti au tissu extérieur et 2 boutons et le tour était joué.  Simple à coudre.  3 heures et voilà!  
Sac de transport pour fer à repasser: lien

Here it is with the iron inside!
Voilà mon nouvel ami!



 Open with the right side up
Ouvert avec le tissu extérieur sur le dessus


Ouvert avec le tissu résistant à la chaleur sur le dessus, prêt à travailler
Open with the heat resistant fabric up, ready to work



Il sera apprécié la prochaine fois!
À la prochaine!

Accroquilt

15 commentaires:

  1. I love it! What a clever design. Can you share the source for your pattern?

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Here is the link for the travel iron caddy:
      http://thepaintedquilt.blogspot.ca/2013/07/easy-peasy-travel-iron-caddy.html?m=1

      Supprimer
  2. Thank you for sharing the link, this is a wonderful idea. I have everything needed in my stash, so I'm going to make one of these ASAP! :) Thanks for linking to Main Crush Monday!

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. We made one at a retreat. They are so handy. Love the fabric you used.

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. I love your iron caddy!
    It's fabulous AND practical.

    RépondreSupprimer
  5. Your caddy is sew cute. Reminds me I need to fix mine -- I put a loop in the wrong place. Must get to it... one of these days.

    RépondreSupprimer
  6. Gosh! Your caddy is really cute, lovely fabric too!
    Barbara

    RépondreSupprimer
  7. I have had this pattern or one very similar for quite awhile. Need to make mine still.

    Your fabric is great.

    RépondreSupprimer
  8. I have friends who have made these. They are very nice.

    RépondreSupprimer
  9. Love your iron caddy! What a great idea!

    RépondreSupprimer
  10. Thanks for sharing such a great idea and so simple when you really look at the design very very cleaver, yours looks great such a fun happy fabric. . Cheers Glenda

    RépondreSupprimer

Au plaisir de vous lire!